Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Week of 01/06/2014

Monday 01/06/14

Ran a scheduled recovery run on the treadmill tonight. Due to the inclimate weather I will most likely skip tomorrow morning or do another short run inside, on the mill.



Tuesday 01/07/14

It's a deep freeze in my part of the world. I slept in this morning under the auspices that I'd "Run tonight." That never materialized however, as when it was time to go home from work my car wouldn't start. Suspected frozen gas line. I got rescued by my boss, who was good enough to give me a lift home. by the time my odyssey was over I had no desire to hit the mill at all. I spent some time with my kids and went to bed.



Wednesday 01/08/14

The deep freeze continues. I had my car towed home from work, and spent the evening getting it started and put back back into the garage. Will take it in to the shop for a lookover this weekend.

At the end of the day I declined another treadmill run.  Not a good trend this week.


Thursday 01/09/14

I flipped around a recovery run and instead ran a Lactate Threshold run on the mill tonight.  Five miles, 4x400m repeats.

It felt a little dangerous going fast on the mill, I keep expecting to stumble and get spit off the back.


Friday 01/10/14

Cross training day and first lap swim of 2014. 1800 yards, 50 Kick + 100 Swim Repeats.

I encountered a twinge in my left shoulder when swimming butterfly during a 100 IM. It's been a couple of hours since the workout ended, and I still feel a little stiff.


Saturday 01/11/14

I slept in today and moved my workout to the evening.   I ran two laps of my regular five mile course for a total of 10.2 miles.

During miles 6, 7, & 8 I had this weird twinge I'm my left knee that was discomfort bordering on pain.   Eventually I figured out that it was actually my quadriceps stiffening up in the cold.   I did some knee rises and eventually things loosened up.   Overall a good run.


Sunday 01/12/14

A valuable rest day, I could still feel some discomfort in the left knee.  I had thought of using the day to make up one of the ones that I had lost during the week but in the end I used the day as it was intended.

No comments: